Legs Up the Wall is an excellent restorative yoga pose that can relieve swollen or sore legs, calves and ankles. It can also be beneficial for those with varicose veins because varicose veins are often due to incompetent valves in the veins which allow the blood to pool and stretch out the veins below. This elevated pose helps regulate blood flow.
- Lying flat on the floor (or use a bolster)
- With your back flat on the floor lift your legs up onto the wall to form a 90 degree angle
- Rest your arms at your sides
- Close your eyes and breathe gently
- Stay in pose for up to 20 minutes